Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7, 2011: "The Curator is In"

Hi. This is Michael, Curator of Michael's Museum: A Curious Collection of Tiny Treasures at Chicago Children's Museum on Navy Pier.

We had fun today at Michael's Museum's THE CURATOR IS IN" Program which takes place on specially scheduled days from 10:30-12:30. We looked at all the collections, told stories, played the "Coffee Table Game," and arranged collections with CCM provided "Tiny Treasures" in the empty cabinets scattered throughout the exhibit.

One visitor showed me her favorite collection in one of the drawers and when I suggested that her mom take a picture of her next to the collection, they were very sad because Mom had forgotten the camera AND her cell phone in the hotel (they are visiting from San Francisco.)

I suggested that I take the picture with my cell phone and e-mail it to them, which I did. Here is the picture and I think I am safe posting it because they will remain nameless. But isn't she cute!

No comments: