Monday, September 5, 2011

A Toast

Pat, a good friend and volunteer at Michael's Museum as well as the World Wide President of Michael's Museum's Fan Club, prepared this toast in case such an occasion arose at the opening celebrations on Friday, May 13, 2011. The occasion never presented itself but she wanted to share her words with me. I am sharing them here with you. Thank you Pat!

"When I first met Michael, I immediately described him as generous. While volunteering at Michael's Museum before it opened, I saw him handle at least a million details without losing his focus, good humor, or patience with his volunteer helpers and the museum support staff.


He has a sense of wonder still, about all the fuss over him. We are here because Michael has enriched all of our lives and now his influence spreads to the city of Chicago and beyond. Here's to you Michael - You did it!


No comments: